Saturday, March 26, 2011

birthday supper

I have to admit that I suck at doing a lot of things. Getting to places on time. Making up my mind. Blogging. But one thing I don't suck at is bargaining. Today was my belated birthday celebration with my beloved. He took me out to one of my favorite places- Gloucester, MA. We had a wonderful time strolling the town and even went up to Rockport for a little antique browsing. Well, a big admirer of little pretty things that I am, I decided to make a deal. "Darling, why don't we cancel the reservation at the fancy place you booked, and instead eat in and then use the money for a great necklace I've been wanting to get?" "Deal?" "Deal." Yes, that's how it went down. I haven't taken a picture of the said necklace, but I have taken a picture of the "eating in" situation we ended up with. And if I might say so myself, it was impressive.


First was a course of late winter salad (because here in Massachusetts we are still enjoying frigid weather in MARCH!) Recipe was stolen from my man, Jamie Oliver (unfortunately not online). I added my own twist, with a little bit of blood orange and some parmesan. Delectable!






Then came the course of cornish hens from epicurious (with my own additions of carrots, shallots and figs) and some sweet potato gratin also from epicurious.
























Accompanied by a red from Spain (can't remember the name). We were so stuffed that we had no time for the double chocolate pie I made. As you can imagine, we will need to visit our health club tomorrow morning. Happy Weekending!



Here's a picture of me in my other birthday gift. I am so blessed!!
(And oh, I promise to blog more. This time I mean it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment